From 1984 to Present
Divider text here
- Community Christian Elementary School began in 1984 with three teachers and 36 students in kindergarten through sixth grade.
- It was the dream of Calvary Community Baptist Church to offer an educational service unique in style and methodology to parents seeking an alternative in Christian education.
- Junior High was added in 1990, and “Elementary” was dropped from the name.
- A much needed high school program was added in 1997, with the addition of our new wing in 1998.
- We graduated our first senior class of four in 2000.
- In 2008, CCS added sixth grade to our Junior High program.
- Our High School Program has expanded, we now offer many AP (Advanced Placement) courses.
- We recently partnered with Colorado Christian University and now offer College Credit Courses.
- In 2016 Community Christian School became ThornCreek Christian School after being adopted by ThornCreek Church as an official ministry. CCS has a wonderful 34 year history. It’s truly an honor for ThornCreek to carry this original vision forward. ThornCreek has always had a vision for a Christian school, so this is not a new vision for ThornCreek. It’s a providential partnership and a great God-story!
- ThornCreek Christian School is a member school of the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI), the largest evangelical Christian school organization in the world serving almost 6000 schools and just over a million students.
- ThornCreek Christian School will eventually move with ThornCreek Church to our new property, which is 15.21 acres located on Washington Street, between 136th Ave and 144th Ave (directly behind Cabela’s).